Sex drive increasing factors:
- Adequate cholesterol in the diet:
- Cholesterol is a powerful antioxidant found in animal foods, but it’s also manufactured in your body. It’s estimated that your liver produces 80% of the cholesterol that you need, but 20% comes from the foods you eat.
- Diet high in fat soluble vitamins:
- Vitamin A: Liver, egg yolks, cod liver oil, full fat dairy
- Vitamin D: Sunlight, egg yolks, full fat dairy, fatty fish, beef liver, cod liver oil
- Vitamin E: Avocado, egg yolks, liver
- Vitamin K2: Butter, egg yolks, liver, cheese
- Sufficient calories & carbohydrates:
- Healthy thyroid levels are dependent on adequate nutrition, especially enough calories and carbohydrates. According to Dr. Ray Peat, PhD, “Thyroid is the best way to regulate the system, keeping libido up, making orgasms satisfying.”
- Diet high in “whole animal” proteins:
- Eating a balance of proteins that mimics eating the whole animal helps to keep your liver and thyroid function optimal.
If making your sex hormones was a math equation, it would look something like this (although this is highly simplified):
Cholesterol + Vitamin A + T3 (active thyroid hormone) = Sex Hormones
Increasing the nutrients in your diet to allow your body to more efficiently manufacture sex hormones can be a game changer in the bedroom!
This post has already been read 1587 times!